Enable Advanced Mode and Deep Scan
The first stage is to run Recuva's Deep Scan option, after narrowing your search using Recuva's Advanced Mode.
To do this, please follow the steps below:
- To enter Advanced Mode, simply cancel the Recuva Wizard when you first open Recuva
- To enable a Deep Scan, click Options... > Actions > check "Deep Scan (increases scan time)" > click OK
Now you can narrow your search by selecting:
- the drive you want Recuva to search
- the folder location of the files
- the file name
- the type of files to search for (e.g. .jpg files)
You can find detailed instructions for specifying what to search for here.