What is the Browser Plugins tool?
The Browser Plugins tool is very similar to the Startup tool. Many plugins and extensions will start automatically when you start your browser. The more you have, the longer time it will take for the browser to start.
CCleaner lets you easily choose which plugins to disable so your browser can start faster!
How do I manage auto-starting plugins?
To manage which plugins that start automatically:
- Click the Tools icon on the left, then click Startup
- You will see a list of all items that have been set to start automatically with each browser. The browsers are arranged in tabs. Those that have been disabled will state ‘No’ in the Enabled column
- Then do one of the following:
- To prevent an item from starting automatically, select the entry and click Disable.
- To prevent a program from starting with Windows and to remove it from the auto-start list, select the program entry and click Delete.
Which plugins can I prevent from auto-starting?
It is important that you know what the plugin does before you disable it, as some of them start automatically for a reason.
As a general rule, it should be safe to disable any plugins or extensions that you added yourself.
We would recommend that you use Google, or an alternative search engine, to research anything that you are unsure of before disabling it.